So this baby date is a little late. Things have gotten away from me with the move and time is moving way faster than I like so our little lady is now actually 5 1/2 months old.
She is growing up so fast and I just wish time would slow down some! It honestly doesn’t feel like it has been nearly 6 months?!
5 1/2 months
13 lbs 13 oz
Cloth diapers still on the tiniest fit/rise. Clothes are a mash-up of sizes at this point. She still fits in 3-month onesies but needs 6-9 months in pants and pjs for the length. Because she is long and skinny we’ve mostly been using nightgowns for pjs.
Eating great! Still only nursing.
She continues to be a short napper. I don’t think we will ever get the 2 hour chunks of time unless she is sleeping on me or in my wrap. Thank goodness for babywearing though, because otherwise, I would never get anything done.
She is very set in her sleeping schedule now and is very vocal about her dislike for being tired. She usually takes a small nap in the morning around 9:30 to 10. She takes her long nap mid-day between noon and one and it usually lasts 1 1/2 – 3 hours depending on what we are doing.
She takes a final catnap in the evening around 6 and then it is down for the night around 9. She still wakes every few hours in the night. Sometimes it is to eat, other times it is just rustling between sleep cycles. She still sleeps with us because it provides the greatest chance for me to get sleep and frankly it works.
- She is log rolling everywhere.
- Grabbing toys and objects with ease. Transferring objects from one hand to the next.
- She has started scooting a tiny bit.
- She can also sit in the tripod position for about 15 seconds before toppling over. She certainly wants to sit up and is always pulling her head up like she is doing crunches when she is on her back. She also found her toes earlier this month and has been pulling them into her mouth.
- As always it is watching her and Asher together. They even “play” together now. She will perch up on her hands when on her belly and just listen to him tell her all about his toy of choice. I can put her on the floor in the living room and she will play contently with Asher for 15-20 minutes.
- She is still very cuddly which is always a favorite of mine.
- She is becoming very opinionated about what she likes and dislikes and it is funny to watch/hear her displeased screech.
- I love when she tries to lunge from Jacob’s hands when she sees me.
- Mommy, Daddy, and big brother
- Playing with her toys
- Hearing mama sing “wheels on the bus” or daddy singing “twinkle twinkle little star”
- Playing with Asher
Baby’s Least Favorites:
- Being tired
- Not being with mama
- Not getting what she wants fast enough